Spire's Senior Internship Experience
During the last month of the school year, seniors have the opportunity to engage in an unpaid work experience outside the classroom to benefit from the exploration of career options, hands-on learning, journaling, independent decision-making, and a myriad of skills helpful in a student's transition to life outside of Spire.
Following their internship, all participating seniors present at our Senior Symposium to describe their on-the-job experiences with our staff and students. This is a wonderful opportunity for our seniors to reflect upon and communicate about their internship placements and to provide their younger peers with ideas and motivation for their educational and career goals.
Spire's Senior Internship Experience is designed to:
- Provide students with the opportunity to become productive and responsible citizens of the 21st century.
- Allow students to explore an area of interest outside the constructs of their formal educational program.
- Provide students an opportunity to make a smoother transition from high school to college, the work place, or military service by fostering independent decision-making skills
- Help students explore a career interest or service opportunity in a field prior to beginning formal training in college or other post-secondary schooling.
- Give students the opportunity to pursue their unique interests, passions and talents with hands-on job experience.